Friday, September 4, 2009

Let's get caught up...

The NASCAR race was awesome and if I wasn't heading out for a vacation on Sunday, I'd be at the track tonight and tomorrow night for the trucks. But I just have too much to do and too little time. Once again though this weekend should be a perfect weekend for a race as was the weekend that we went. We tailgated before and after the race so we avoided the traffice headache. We had a great time though.

Russ is currently unemployed AGAIN. That adds some stress to my life. My new motto is ONE DAY AT A TIME. He did sell his pickup so that helped to pay the bills this month. I'm so hoping that he will come up with something in the next few weeks. I'm still working on trying to get unemployment for him. We have to file through Minnesota because the employer that we would be drawing off of was out of Texas but had a satellite out of Minnesota and cuz we live closer to Minnesota...go figure. So let's hope this time the unemployment comes through. The last time we filed, we didn't get it..but this time he got fired. He held out until they got mad enough to fire him even though he wanted to punch their lights out.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head to Breckenridge to spend a week with a couple of girlfriends that I worked with at Oscar Mayer in Perry. One of them I grew up with and the other I met at Oscar Mayer and we became fast friends. We are driving out and have no real big plans to do much of anything. I'm taking some scrapbook stuff, books and movies. There is a hot tub at the house where we're staying. My boss is a quad owner of a place in the mountains, so for Christmas he gave me a week to use. I'm looking forward to a week of relaxation and laughter with friends.

Then I come back and work for 3 days and then I'm off again with two other girlfriends from Perry (Deb and Connie). We have been great friends for about 15 years I think. We do lots of girl trips together. We are heading to eastern Iowa/western Illinois to Nauvoo area. Again, just a relaxing journey..no big plans just head east and see what there is to see. We are hoping to maybe see some fall colors...but may be just a bit early for that. But that's OK, cuz that wasn't the plan anyway, we just wanted to get away for a long weekend...just us girls.

Well, that about does it for now. Will take some pics at Breckenridge and try to post when I get back.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Have safe travels, Judy! and I'll keep my fingers crossed on the unemployment.

Cheri said...

Judy, I've been worrying...give me a call or an email and update me!