Thursday, September 18, 2008

Russ' start date at new job delayed

The company that he's currently working for is not being very cooperative in getting him back to Texas so he can get home and start orientation at the new job next Monday. So he will be starting September 29 instead. He should get home next Tuesday or so. Then Saturday we will head to Quincy and have the weekend there and he will start his orientation on Monday, Sept 29. He says he will be in orientation for 3 days, so I think I'll stay over there until Wednesday morning and then I'll head back to Ames and try to get a 1/2 day of work in .

We will both be glad when we can say adios to his current employer and embark on this new journey. I'm anxious to see if he really will make it home every weekend. That will take some getting used to, but in the long run it will be so much nicer having more regular routines that we can count on. Maybe next year we can get the camper off the farm!

Well, that's todays news. We are having glorious fall like days here. It has been in the upper 70's and low 80's for the past several days and supposed to keep it up for a few more. So I am going to enjoy them one by one.

3 comments:

Mary Perry said...

Judy, I will be so happy when Russ is done with stinking company. I just don't get employers that treat their workers like crap.

At one point I was really scared to have Don home every day, but we just talked a lot about it, and what our expectations were of each other. There are those days..........

Cheri said...

The weather really HAS been nice, hasn't it!?

Have a good time in Quincy:)

Sheddin' Grma said...

Judy, I too have thought about "retirement days" and wondered how Ken and I will manage being together 24/7, but am happy to say that after 3 weeks of the Boeing Strike, we're both accounted for and still living (no one planted in the garden as of yet). I think there's an adjustment time for everything new in life, but even thru a stressful kitchen "redo" we're still talking and enjoying our mugs of tea together. I really do think that I could get use to "the white haired guy" being around all the time and truly enjoying it. Love ya gal! Tell Russ congrats on the new job.